Today is the nine year anniversary of my accident (my “traumaversary,” as it is sometimes called). I almost forgot this date as the day approached! One of the advantages of acclimating to a new normal I guess–the significance of this date looms less and less in importance as other noteworthy life events come into the… Continue reading TIME. The gift that does not keep giving
EIGHT YEARS AGO I WAS RE-LEARNING HOW TO WALK. December through March were spent in a fuzzy haze mixed with trepidation and fear about the future. With hardware affixed to my hips and confined to a hospital bed in our living room, I asked myself again and again, How do I do this? How does… Continue reading How Do We Do This?
(Raw honesty alert. If you’re looking for a feel good post, kindly exit now.) Every year at this time, I become a little melancholy. Wisconsin winters are harsh—gearing up for them each year takes its toll for sure. My accident happened eight years ago, today. Parenting continues to be challenging in many respects. I’m now… Continue reading Collecting Stories, Surviving, and Re-Defining Hope
This post is taken from a sermon given on June 16th, 2019 When I was a kid, I had a huge crush on Superman. The one played by Christopher Reeve. I think I was in fifth grade when the movie came out…there was something about his character: This good looking, boyish, muscled guy—with a piercingly… Continue reading Contemplating the Hero
Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.
I’m Chris. An adoptive mom and trauma survivor. I’ve been in the the trenches and am here to offer hope.
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)